Shadow Catchers Around the World, Join Us!

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Sandy shadows

Yucca shadow photo WhiteSandsyuccashadow_zpsafc40e66.jpg
Shadow of a yucca, White Sands National Monument, Alamogordo, New Mexico

In the desert white sands,
Glowing in the sun,
Spiny yucca shadows
Stab me just for fun!


Text and photo © 2014 by Magical Mystical Teacher



Welcome to the magical world of Shadow Shot Sunday!

Your hosts are:
Magical Mystical Teacher
Rose (chubskulit)
Gemma Wiseman

NOTE:
** Please just link to your SSS2 post and not your whole blog.
** Please include a link to SSS2 in your post so other participants may be viewed
+
so we can clearly see that your post is about shadows.
** Please avoid LONG links. They upset the blog layout.
** Please visit others.




May the sunlight and shadows always be with you!

12 comments:

Ralph said...

Shadows aid our imaginations - I see a well groomed porcupine's quills upon the sands. A shadowy mirage, perhaps...

Kathe W. said...

I haven't been to White Sands since the late 70's! You have captured a wonderful shadow! I also enjoy your whimsical poem! Cheers!

Ruth Kelly said...

Spiky shadows!

Beverley Baird said...

Love the shadows of these different plants! Great poem as well!

Molly said...

Love your shadow picture

Anonymous said...

Such a delicate shadow. Gentler than its spiky self.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Delightful sharp shadows. Like their own special garden of shadows.

Gerald (SK14) said...

an intriguing shadow that doesn't leap out at one

DougVernX said...

Those white sands are perfect for contrast. Great shot! :)

Sara Chapman said...

VERY nice shadow shot!

Nonnie said...

oh, my gosh, White Sands, NM! my grandmother took my cousin and me there as part of our long vacation back in the mid-1950s! I suspect that I didn't show enough gratitude back then, but it was the trip of a lifetime!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Have you been reading my mind? This is awesome, let alone you beat me to the punch!...:)JP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...